Sunday, 16 December 2012

Kyoto

Our next stop was to Kyoto. We took the train from Nara to Kyoto and enjoyed some lovely sights...Japan sure is a beautiful country!
We were quite hungry when we arrived and found this fabulous little sushi train place right by our hotel. It was hilarious, the sushi chef yelled all sorts of crazy sounding stuff in Japanese. SO wish I would of taken a video to share with everyone...really reminded me of some of the crazy Japanese TV shows. Great experience, excellent food...of course! Maddie was in sushi heaven!
I just love Japanese restaurants. Many are quite quaint in little alleyways and have very little seating (4-5 tables). But they all have fabulous decor! Very traditional which I just love!
I made Maddie hold up the raw piece of fish she was eating...she was confused! To her eating sushi is so normal...yet I can't quite get my head around the fact both my girls love sushi. I didn't even try sushi until my 20's...
Walking down one of the many little alleyways filled with restaurants...
Police cars looked futuristic to me. The lights rose up when in use...not a great picture but hopefully you get the idea.
Walking the streets of Kyoto. So proud of our little girls on this trip. Maddie walked, and walked, and walked more without complaining. Such a little trooper! Lily also did amazing, we would be out for the entire day and she just went with the flow, napped in her stroller or the baby carrier when she got tired.
Don't you just love the street signs...makes perfect sense to me :)
The main form of transportation in Kyoto is city buses. Great and easy way to get around. Both girls always wanted to sit on my lap so this was our typical seating on the buses...
 Now onto more of Kyoto...

No comments:

Post a Comment