Monday, 14 January 2013

Castles in Kyoto

Maddie is at a stage that she is VERY into princesses and everything pink. So much to Maddie's delight, we visited a couple of castles in Kyoto (but not like the castles you see in Europe). She was a bit disappointed that there were no longer any princesses living there but was still ecstatic. I don't remember the names of the castles but they are great for a visit. 
There were large parks surrounding the castles. Fabulous for kids to run around before and after touring the castle. And how beautiful are the grounds?!
 The kids loved the ice cold water in s small pond...
This ends our Japan trip...such a lovely holiday. Can't wait to explore other areas of Japan...because hopefully we'll be back one day!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! I love seeing your girls, they remind me of my girls when they when they were that age. Omar and I will be on your side of the world over Spring Break in March. We are going to Bangkok. Too bad it's not closer to Singapore. Any advice on traveling that long? I've been hearing things about inducing sleep with meds. Good idea? The girls will not be traveling with us. Take care!

    ReplyDelete