Sunday, 12 May 2013

Staci's visit!

My cousin Staci, from Austin, came to see us for a couple of weeks in December/January. It was FABULOUS! It is always so special to us when family/friends from the US make the grueling 24+ hour trip (plus 12 hour time difference) to see us. We love getting to show our family where we live, go to church, introduce them to our closest friends here. I have so many pictures to choose from Staci's trip here...but I'll just post a few...

A walk through Chinatown...
Hindu temple in Little India...
Evening walk down Orchard Road to see the Christmas lights...
A trip to the Raffles Hotel to have the famous Singapore Sling and listen to the fab live music...

A trip to Sentosa (the pictures are from Resorts World)...
The red bus (hop on, hop off) tour of the city. Our girls LOVE this! Every time Maddie sees the red buses driving around, she asks if we can go again!

Staci this picture is for you! In Lily's hand, she is eating some random food from these Japanese women. Literally had NO idea what it was...she loved it then asked for more. Staci couldn't believe how laid back I was :) 
Views from the bus.. Christmas decorations on Orchard
Trying new foods...this one was fish head curry! Literally served with the fish head...delicious!
Various shop houses...how I love the shop houses here!
Beautiful Marina Bay Sands! View from the top is stunning...forgot my camera though! Marina Bay Sands sure does have some AMAZING restaurants...
Night Safari time... Pictures aren't allowed but this is so much fun. It is a night tour of the zoo that is very popular in Singapore.  Staci and I got off and walked every trail (which I had never done before) and it was so much fun!
We had such a FABULOUS time with Staci! This was just a glimpse of some of the things we did. Miss you so much Staci!

No comments:

Post a Comment